12 October 2024

Freedom

God is the freest Being in the universe;
It cannot be given or taken from Him.
Yet He gave me the power of my will
To decide what I will extend to Him
And what I will hold close to my chest.

I will give Him freedom
To show up how He wants and when He wants,
To act in the discipline of Trust
When it feels like absence or is a testing I don't understand. 

Freedom to act and give as He chooses
Knowing I am loved faithfully and He is good consistently.
Freedom to experience an undeniable wave of love one day
And the next day, bland as it feels,
Know I am just as seen.

To accept Him as He is,
To trust in His goodness and faithfulness.
To know He is perfect and makes no mistakes.

Giving Him freedom gives me the
Ability to see more of Him.
Perhaps, giving Him freedom is more about
Me giving myself freedom...
Freedom to see Him a little more clearly,
Space to fall more in love with Him, fearlessly.

 

12.16.23

No comments:

Post a Comment